Welcome to "The Girl's Gone Crafty!" blog about all things, well, crafty, of course! My name is Raquel, owner of Calico Craft Designs, and lover of all things Craft. I hope that you too will join me on my journey to finishing one more UFO (unfinished object), stitching for charity, and just learning more about the wonderful crafts available out there.

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Just in Time for Wedding Bells

I finally finished the Hardanger piece that I have been working on for my friend Kelley who is getting married this Saturday, May 17th.  It took me a little while to figure out how best to add the names and date to the design.  I actually ended up using characters from three different fonts!  I think the color and sizing works much better than what I originally stitched.  I sure hope so anyway.  I removed the lettering FOUR times to finally get it to the way it currently is now!  I just hope that once it's washed and ironed that it retains it's shape and helps to cover up the area where I had to remove those few stitches.  It's probably just me but my eyes seem to go right to that area when I look at the piece.  [sigh]  Hopefully, it's just me.

Behind the actual design, I'm adding a piece of silk fabric in a similar shade of blue.  This should peek through the openings in the fabric to give a bit more color to the finished project.

The completed design and part of the backing fabric.
Once I get it prepped, it's off to the framers.  I was a bit too late to get it framed for the actual wedding day but I hope to give it to her in a couple of weeks once she's back from her honeymoon and is back at the office.  At least I completed the design before the wedding bells sounded!  I'll post another photo once the framing is completed and it's ready to be wrapped up for Kelley.

The finished design before washing and ironing.
Close-up of the center.

No comments:

Post a Comment