Welcome to "The Girl's Gone Crafty!" blog about all things, well, crafty, of course! My name is Raquel, owner of Calico Craft Designs, and lover of all things Craft. I hope that you too will join me on my journey to finishing one more UFO (unfinished object), stitching for charity, and just learning more about the wonderful crafts available out there.

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Turtle Trot Progress - March 2015

Here's my first update for the Turtle Trot Challenge in 2015, hosted by BAP Attack.  I worked on three of my projects this month.  I wasn't able to do a lot of stitching this month but I did make a little progress.

1.  "Flutterby Trio" by Gail Bussi - I started on the fourth butterfly that will be used for a baby quilt that I am assisting with for a friend.  This was a new start so there is no photo of previous progress.
Finished Design
Progress as of March 2015

2.  "Simply Sunflowers" by Paula Vaughan - This is a design that I have had for many years.  I finally got started on it this past month.  This one is just for me!  This one was also a new start and there is no photo of previous progress.
Finished Design
Progress as of March 2015

3.  "Especially for Ewe" by Durene Jones - I decided not to work on the "Fire Goddess" design by Joan Elliott, at least not just yet.  Instead, since I have not recently worked with the charity stitching group that I am a part of, I decided to work on a small design that will be made into a quilt.  The theme of this quilt is "springtime" so I chose a little lamb standing among daffodils as my project.  It's being stitched on light blue Aida cloth.  I'm not a big fan of stitching on Aida as I prefer evenweave or linen; however, the light blue fabric should fit the design very well.
Finished Design
Progress as of March 2015

Next posting is April 10, 2015.

1 comment: