Anyway, I decided to join the Turtle Trot Challenge for 2015, hosted by BAP Attack. Check out her blog by clicking here or clicking on the link on my main page.
Here are the Turtle Trot rules:
1. Pick ten pieces to stitch for 2015.
2. Post progress pictures on the 10th of the month.
3. Link up on the BAP Attack monthly blog post so we can all admire your progress and cheer for you.
4. Hop around and see how far everyone's gotten and cheer for them.
1. "Scenic Bridge" by Barbara Sestok must go on this list. I've been trying to make myself work on it for a couple of years now.
|Progress as of 2.10.15|
2. "Flutterby Trio" by Gail Bussi - Printed in The World of Cross Stitching magazine #204. I'm actually doing these as separate butterflies to be used in a small quilt for a friend's baby girl. There will be four butterflies and one square with her name and birth date. I've completed three butterflies so far but still need to work on the fourth one.
3. "Simply Sunflowers" by Paula Vaughan - Printed in Paula Vaughan's Bouquets & Blossoms book. This one has not been started yet but it's a design that I've been meaning to do for myself for several years now. Time to get it started!
|New Start on the Sunflower Design|
4. "Winter Cardinal" - Information for this piece will have to be provided later. The pattern is still packed up from our recent move to Charleston. It's almost finished so hopefully, I'll be able to wrap this one up soon and get it framed. It's a gift for Christmas 2015.
|Progress as of 10.4.13|
5. "Summer Fairy" by Joan Elliott - Again, the design itself is still packed up. Got to find it before I can continue working on this one. The joys of moving!
|Progress as of May 2012|
6. "Fire Goddess" by Joan Elliott - Not to sound like a broken record here, but the design is still packed up. This would be a new start. I actually haven't even ordered the fabric yet!
|New Start for this Finished Design|
There is a possibility that I may not start the "Fire Goddess" until late in the year or even into next year. If that's the case, I may remove it from the Turtle Trot list and include another UFO or two once I unpack the rest of my items. Living surrounded by boxes is getting old and I really want to settle down and start stitching on a more regular basis again. [sigh] Little by little, we are getting unpacked so hopefully, it won't be much longer!