Welcome to "The Girl's Gone Crafty!" blog about all things, well, crafty, of course! My name is Raquel, owner of Calico Craft Designs, and lover of all things Craft. I hope that you too will join me on my journey to finishing one more UFO (unfinished object), stitching for charity, and just learning more about the wonderful crafts available out there.

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Scenic Bridge Update - 2.10.15

Finished design in Magazine
Soooo....I didn't finish the Scenic Bridge project for Christmas 2014 as I had originally hoped.  But I had a good reason!!!  Moving!  At least that's what I keep telling myself.  Ha ha ha!  I've mentioned before that I really don't like this design that much as it is definitely not my style preference but it's perfect for the person it's being stitched for.  It's "Scenic Bridge" by Barbara Sestok and the design appeared in the August 1998 edition of "Cross Stitch & Needlework" magazine.  I've had a hard time making myself work on it but I've definitely made some progress since our move to SC.  I packed all of my other projects so if I wanted to cross-stitch, it has to be on this one as it's the only one currently unpacked!

Here's my progress thus far along with a photo I recently took of the finished pattern in the magazine.  I have made a couple of changes to the colors and the background fabric but everything else is the same.

Previous Progress as of 5.11.14
Current Progress as of 2.10.15

No comments:

Post a Comment