Welcome to "The Girl's Gone Crafty!" blog about all things, well, crafty, of course! My name is Raquel, owner of Calico Craft Designs, and lover of all things Craft. I hope that you too will join me on my journey to finishing one more UFO (unfinished object), stitching for charity, and just learning more about the wonderful crafts available out there.

Monday, April 15, 2013

The Weekend is Just Too Short!

This past weekend went by way too fast.  I mean, I blinked and it was practically gone.  Sometimes I really would like to go back in time and make the typical work week four days instead of five.  Three-day weekends every week would be so wonderful.  I could get so much more accomplished.  Or I could just be a bit lazier.  Either way works for me!
I spent this past Saturday at home, working on fabric wreaths for the Calico Craft Designs’ Etsy Shop.  I finished one for spring/summer that was already in progress and I started a second one that is more of a prototype.  I’m trying to combine another type of fabric into the typical “rag” wreath and it’s proving to be an interesting task.  If the prototype works out the way that I hope it will, I’ll post more about it.  If not, well…we’ll see.  I may post something anyway.  I could definitely use the feedback.
Oh, and I’ve got at least two new items for the Etsy Shop but for the first time in a very long time, I am without a camera at the moment.  I have the one that is built-in to my mobile phone but the quality is just not the same.  [sigh]  I may have to break down and borrow a friend’s camera for a few days so I can get these listed for sale.
I spent Sunday afternoon visiting with friends who have a 2-month old baby boy.  He is sooooo cute and is such a good baby.  It was a joy to spend some time with them.  I didn’t actually work on any crafts, believe it or not, but I did try to jot down a few ideas for future projects.  Maybe I’ll have to find something to do for the beautiful little boy’s room.
Yes, this weekend went by way too fast.  How did you spend your weekend?  Did you get to work on any UFOs (unfinished objects) or start something new?

No comments:

Post a Comment