Welcome to "The Girl's Gone Crafty!" blog about all things, well, crafty, of course! My name is Raquel, owner of Calico Craft Designs, and lover of all things Craft. I hope that you too will join me on my journey to finishing one more UFO (unfinished object), stitching for charity, and just learning more about the wonderful crafts available out there.

Thursday, April 25, 2013

TUSAL 2013 Challenge

Hosted by "It's Daffycat" blog
Ok.  So I'm a little late to the game.  But at least I'm playing now.  Ha!

TUSAL stands for Totally Useless Stitch-A-Long.  It's a simple challenge where you put all of your ORTs, or Old Ratty Threads, into a clear decorative container or jar so that you can keep track of how much you are cross-stitching each month.  (And it makes a pretty art project.)  The official definition of ORTs as mentioned by Sharon on her "It's Daffycat" blog is, "These are the cast-off thread ends a needleworker cuts away".  Hence, Old Ratty Threads!

My Threads
The next official post for this challenge is not due until May 10th; however, I had a little pile going already and thought I'd share a photo.  These threads were mainly from the "Brush Stroke Butterfly" I just finished earlier this week.  I haven't selected a more permanent container just yet and just simply used a small glass, snapping a quick pic from my camera phone.  I'll try to do much better with the official photo for May!  Maybe make it a bit prettier.

If you too would like to join this challenge, please check out Sharon's blog, "It's Daffycat", by clicking here or visiting the websites and blogs listed on "The Girl's Gone Crafty!" main page.  Happy Stitching!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment