Welcome to "The Girl's Gone Crafty!" blog about all things, well, crafty, of course! My name is Raquel, owner of Calico Craft Designs, and lover of all things Craft. I hope that you too will join me on my journey to finishing one more UFO (unfinished object), stitching for charity, and just learning more about the wonderful crafts available out there.

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Rockin' the Lime Green!

So...I've been eye-balling this lime green (officially named "Grasshopper") Aida fabric in the stores now for well over a year.  I always wanted to stitch something on it but could never think of anything that would fit with this super bright fabric.  So, I'd pick it up, think it over, put it back on the store shelf, and later wish that I had purchased it.  I did this numerous times - What's the definition of "insanity" again? - until last weekend.  I finally sucked it up and bought it.
Charles Craft 14-ct Aida in Grasshopper Green
Along with my prize, I bought a copy of "Cross Stitch Gold" Magazine, the June 2013 issue.  It just so happens that this is their 100th anniversary issue.  Inside, what did I find you ask?  Only the perfect design to go on my new bright green fabric!  Six designs to be exact.  It's a series of six card designs by Durene Jones, all featuring quirky and very bright birds.  I thought they would make perfect cross-stitch cards using my new fabric.

A card design by Durene Jones
I am going to start with one of the designs to see how I like it on the new cloth.  I have chosen to modify one of the designs' colors to better match the Aida.  I'm also not going to work the entire design as I want to leave space for a greeting.  I'm so excited about getting started!  I don't even know who this card is going to go to when it's finished!  LOL!

I'll post a couple of pics once I actually get started on it.  Has anyone else used this fabric color before?  If so, please share what you made with it.  I'd love to see your ideas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment