Welcome to "The Girl's Gone Crafty!" blog about all things, well, crafty, of course! My name is Raquel, owner of Calico Craft Designs, and lover of all things Craft. I hope that you too will join me on my journey to finishing one more UFO (unfinished object), stitching for charity, and just learning more about the wonderful crafts available out there.

Monday, May 27, 2013

Garden Time with My Furbabies

A Sunny Pot for a Sunny Spot
This weekend I finally got around to planting a few flowering annuals and grasses in my containers for my patio.  I'm a bit late this year as I normally have them planted during the month of April once the danger of frost is pretty much over in our area.  With my husband's diagnosis and surgery over these past three weeks, I just haven't really thought that much about gardening.  However, with my hubby on the mend, and my mother-in-law here to help keep an eye on him, I went to a local nursery and grabbed a few plants to add to my existing collection of hostas.  I ended up coming home with full sun plants instead!  Ha!  I guess I'll have to head back at some point to get some partial shade plants to go with my hostas since they are for partial shade areas. 
I sat outside in the beautiful 75 degree weather on Saturday and potted them with the assistance of my furbabies, Casey and Max.  We enjoyed the afternoon sun and warm breeze, while my hubby napped on the sofa and my mother-in-law did a little needlework.  Casey was particularly interested in sun-worshipping while Max played with his outdoor kitty toy and lounged in the grass.  They would periodically come to see what I was doing and of course, make sure I was doing it correctly.  Quality control is a hard job after all.
 I chose to go with a yellow/orange and pink theme this year and hope that it will color-coordinate with my deco mesh wreath that I'm making for the front door.  I have it laid out on my table but haven't glued it just yet.  Maybe this will inspire me to finish it.
 
 


Casey


Max
 
  Happy Memorial Weekend!  I hope that you all have time to reflect on this special day and enjoy time with your families.



No comments:

Post a Comment