Welcome to "The Girl's Gone Crafty!" blog about all things, well, crafty, of course! My name is Raquel, owner of Calico Craft Designs, and lover of all things Craft. I hope that you too will join me on my journey to finishing one more UFO (unfinished object), stitching for charity, and just learning more about the wonderful crafts available out there.

Saturday, April 26, 2014

UFO's Spotted EVERYWHERE!!!

Yes, you read that right!  UFO's have been spotted everywhere at my house!  I have so many unfinished cross-stitch and craft projects that it's just ridiculous!  I was cleaning up a little in my home office/craft room and found numerous projects that are in various stages of progress.  I really, really need to stop beginning new projects and work on the ones I have. [sigh]  I doubt that will EVER happen. Hahaha! ;-)

UFO located in my craft room
One good thing came out of my cleaning however.  I found an older design that I started years ago with a good friend in mind.  She loves old covered bridges and mills and I thought that this pattern would be perfect for her.  She even loves fishing!  It's "Scenic Bridge" by Barbara Sestok and the design appeared in the August 1998 edition of "Cross Stitch & Needlework" magazine.  I've had this pattern forever it seems! 

I've stopped and started it so many times that I can't keep track.  It's one of those designs that I think will be perfect for my friend but that I really do not enjoy working on.  It's just not what I would normally work on and does not fit my personal style.  Well, I dusted off the magazine and started working on it again this week.  I'm determined that I will finish it for her this year.  Her birthday is in August and I'm going to make myself complete it so it can be framed for her birthday gift or at the latest, a Christmas gift.  By adding it to my blog, maybe that will help me stay motivated to work on it each month so I can see it's progress.


Progress as of April 26, 2014
With that being said, here's where I am now.  This is the progress that I have made thus far.  It's actually not much larger than the edges of the current design.  It will go up a little to accommodate the roof of the covered bridge and the top of the tree, but the fence in the foreground is where the pattern stops and the sides are also pretty much defined.  Now it's just time to fill it in and complete the backstitching.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. What a great UFO - it will look great when it is finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on finding it and naming/shaming it. The first step of getting that UFO done. Mind I tend to ignore most of mine ... and they'd be lucky to see the light of day once in a few years. Just think of the smile on your friend's face when you gift it!

    ReplyDelete