Welcome to "The Girl's Gone Crafty!" blog about all things, well, crafty, of course! My name is Raquel, owner of Calico Craft Designs, and lover of all things Craft. I hope that you too will join me on my journey to finishing one more UFO (unfinished object), stitching for charity, and just learning more about the wonderful crafts available out there.

Saturday, June 8, 2013

A Late Spring Afternoon at Gibbs Gardens

The Main Entrance
Earlier today I decided to head over to Gibbs Gardens, north of Atlanta, GA, to see how the garden has progressed since I last visited in March 2013.  When I was there before, it was to see the daffodils (they were gorgeous) so there were not a lot of trees with leaves or any other type of flowers.  Spring had just really started.  I had been getting photo updates on facebook from their page and it looked beautiful.  So beautiful I just had to go visit again. 

I was not disappointed.  Gibbs Gardens is a spectacular garden set in the North Georgia Mountains.  It's only been open to the public for a couple of years.  I thoroughly enjoy visiting them when I can and I'm so glad that it's only about 45 minutes from my house.  The gardens always have something different in bloom and it definitely changes every time I visit.  Currently, the hydrangeas are just starting to really to bloom and the knock-out rose bushes were covered in pink and red flowers.

I've included just a few of my photos and trust me, it was hard to pick just a few.  I took a TON of pictures in those couple of hours that I was there.


Be sure to check out their website by clicking here.



The Japanese Garden

The Rose Garden

The Monet Bridge

1 comment: