Welcome to "The Girl's Gone Crafty!" blog about all things, well, crafty, of course! My name is Raquel, owner of Calico Craft Designs, and lover of all things Craft. I hope that you too will join me on my journey to finishing one more UFO (unfinished object), stitching for charity, and just learning more about the wonderful crafts available out there.

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Red, White, and Blue "Geeky" Moment

Ok. I'm going to be a geek here for a moment.  A "Big Trouble in Little China" movie geek to be exact.

A few months ago, I went to Hobby Lobby and purchased several things to make a 4th of July wreath for 2013.  I don't ever actually recall owning or making a wreath for Independence Day so this year I wanted to change that and put out something festive.  I finally got around to putting it together this weekend and I'm pretty pleased with the way it turned out.  I think that it will be great for Memorial Day and/or Veteran's Day as well.

So how does this relate to my geeky movie moment, you ask?  Well, I had spread my items on my kitchen table and was looking everything I bought when I started thinking about all the red, white, and blue that was going to go on my wreath.  For some strange reason, a quote from "Big Trouble in Little China", a favorite movie of mine from years ago that I still watch periodically even today, popped into my head.  (It's a guilty pleasure.)  The line is, "Here's to America's colors, the colors that never run."  My geeky brain thought that this was very appropriate for the upcoming holiday and fueled my efforts to get this wreath completed as soon as possible.  I finished it up this morning, gluing it into place and proudly displaying it on my front door.

It's a silly reference but it got me motivated to complete my wreath.  Now, I think I'm going to go watch the movie with my hubby.


No comments:

Post a Comment